Sunday, March 23, 2014

My 1st Post!

Ahoy Blog World!

My name is Irma (you can call me G-Iron) and I will be your captain on this unknown journey through my tutoring blog. I am an scientist, teacher, actress, comedian, wife, and a Christian. My leap of faith to begin my own business of being a professional tutor has taken me on so many different avenues that I don't even know where to begin! Ooh! How about I start at the beginning of my newest adventure...

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to meet a wonderful group of education bloggers in Georgia. Each person brought something unique to the table and I pray I brought something as well. Their determination to share, motivate, and excite others about their teaching professions has given me the drive to FINALLY start this blog.


Our lovely group! Yes, that's me sitting on top of the sign wearing a pink lei!


We had quite the time, as you can by our silly props and costumes. I connected with so many people that understood my need to communicate and share my knowledge (and lack thereof) with others. I URGE you to check out all of these different blogs. They each have such creative minds that I am sure you will learn something or be encouraged to try something new in your teaching environment!
Enjoy the photos, please check out the links, and until next time! Adios Amigos!

Jennifer (my friend who drove me), Carol, Kathy, Meghan, Kim, Irma (Hey, that's me!), Megan

Michelin, Jessica, Greg, Erin, Alison

Jayne, Kelly, Angie, Stacy, Tara, Valerie
Photobucket
The Teacher Wife
Funky Fresh Firsties

...And They All Fall Down...

Georgia Grown Kiddo's



 
 





 




In Christ,
G-Iron
"As iron sharpeneth iron, so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27:17

2 comments:

  1. How fun. Thanks for the comment on my blog the other day. I really appreciate the advice. I actually went to sign up for summer school just for the "guaranteed" money...but all of the spots are filled :( I am definitely going to use your tips for finding my Summer Tutor School Niche.

    Thanks for reading.

    Stick around! And stay in touch!
    Cheers,
    jameson
    Lessons With Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you're SUPPOSED to tutor if the spots were all filled up. I'll be praying for some good students (and some consistent income along with it). Thanks for replying. I was just informed that I was a "no-reply" blogger, so I just changed that. I'm assuming that's why you commented on my blog here. Thanks for tracking me down haha.

      let me know how tutoring goes! Summer is so quickly approaching! :)

      P.S. Your blog name really is painful since I just ran out of coffee and won't be able to make it to the store to get more until later this week... eek! Need caffeine...

      Delete