Friday, April 18, 2014

Right Brainers in Business

The very lovely Jennifer Lee, author of two books, has started a FREE online business conference for the creative at heart.
Photobucket
Visit Jayne's blog here :)

My sweet blogger buddy, Jayne, shared a link for the Right Brainers in Business video chat session and I am totally getting the encouragement I need to keep working toward this zany tutoring business I've dived into (doved? diven? idk)! I was really excited about doing it (especially since it is free!), but I totally forgot to sign up for it until half way through! So I unfortunately missed the first week, but saw some cool highlights. I did finish up the second week.

Some of the topics covered included Pinterest for business, how to stay encouraged, and the wait for repeat customers. Here are some of the biggest things I've taken from the videos:

  • Use social media as a way to be genuine. I started a blog to keep my clients up to date. But it should be so much more than that. I should use every platform to share my love of education and teaching to communities for the glory of Christ. Without that very real relationship between my clients, my friends, my parents, my PEOPLE, my business cannot prosper!
  • Knowing that as a creative soul, I'm not alone in trying to be practical and realistic. Christine Kane really said everything I needed to hear about making money when that isn't the REAL goal of my business. Check out Christine's website! She was definitely my biggest inspiration during the conference
  • Learning how to say "No". It is a struggle to say "no", especially to my students. I have learned to say "no" without being mean and without lying. I do have a busy schedule but it cannot be my only excuse. My God-given duty is to be my husband's helper, so sometimes I need to clean my house, sometimes I need to spend time with my dog, sometimes I need time for ME. And that is okay! I can't be successful in business if I am not excited about what I am doing in business.
  • My ambitions of someday having a team of people that bring my tutoring business to a larger scale doesn't seem as unrealistic anymore. I've only been in business for just over a year and it may take 50 years but if the Lord is willing, I will be obedient


What a great conference. I really wish I had kicked myself in the butt and started the conference at the beginning! Next year!! Can't wait to keep up with the creative ideas and the business adventures! 


No comments:

Post a Comment