Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Coffee Jitters

The Coffee Jitters.

That is what I usually end up when there is a cancellation in tutoring. For my first student of the day, I usually arrive 30-60 minutes early if I am meeting at a coffee joint. I like to get some work done now that I am creating clip-art like crazy for a fellow teacher who shall remain nameless... Jennifer!



Today, I arrived about one and half hours early to make sure I snagged a table for one of my students since last week we almost couldn't meet because it was packed! Today, I've been working on making this blog a little more presentable, as well as getting my Spring Newsletter ready! If you haven't read it yet, check it out HERE! My main goal has been to update people on my tutoring policy. As my business expands, I need to refine and refresh some things that just don't work anymore. My current Late & Cancellation policy has been around for more than a year but I don't often have to use it because my wonderful students and parents are really good about keeping in touch. But just in case you need a refresher, here is my policy:


I have had so many cancellations this week with an almost perfect record of being informed at least 2 hours before, that it seems almost moot to mention this. But please keep this information in mind! I try to practice what I preach. So I will also let you know at least 2 hours before our session if I need to cancel, but emergencies can happen--and I will totally work with you in those cases!

But why do I end up with the jitters then? Because my ADHD and caffeine don't have an outlet! So please know that if you cancel our session, I can't wave my arms, draw diagrams, or dance sitting alone at a table without looking like a maniac! At least with a student in front of me, it's a little more acceptable, haha!

Okay, time to go, only my leg is shaking now haha.

4 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' what you did with your blog and I'm lovin' all this awesome clip art but most of all..I love,love, LOVE your sig girl! :) You is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Trying to learn some HTML sure isn't my favorite thing in the world, but it's a good skill! :)

      Delete
  2. I like your policies! They are very similar to mine. Two hours before--no biggie, but don't mess with me right before or not even notify! Great blog design too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Trying to learn how to blog and html and create clip art for TpT and everything all at once! And Yes! I start driving to all my different tutoring locations pretty early, so I need to know so I'm not 30 miles away from home for no reason haha. :)

      Delete